Monday, April 10, 2006

The problem with running

I don't like running and it doesn't like me.

The other day at the gym, I kept track of how many things contributed to my dislike of spending time on the treadmill when both feet lift off the rubber track. First, my right achilles and calf begin to ache. Then my left arch starts to yowl. Then the pad of my right foot has something to say. Shortly thereafter, the contents of my abdominal region begin to shift around, sending messages to the brain that I need to stop right now and take care of some things. Then my hair flips into my eyes and I start the mantra that I'm trying to avoid: "Hate this. Hate this."

It doesn't help that right at this moment they're showing how to deep fry a corndog on the Food Network directly in front of me. All I need is some exhaust fumes to inhale and some lint to eat...mmm, heaven.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you find it easier to run if you were being chased?

dee said...

Sheesh. That's such a good drawing of a corndog that I want one right now. Okay, maybe not...it's breakfast time and corndogs for breakfast don't sound too appetizing.

del said...

I think it actually looks like a banana on a stick. Frozen banana with chocolate on it... yum...

Oh wait, that's now what the blog was about.

del said...

I think it actually looks like a banana on a stick. Frozen banana with chocolate on it... yum...

Oh wait, that's now what the blog was about.