Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tiny post

Me, last night, to Ray:

"When I was a kid, I hated using toothpaste. The foaminess made me gag, so I'd brush my teeth without it. But my mom kept telling me I needed the fluoride. So eventually I started using toothpaste, but just a little bit, and without wetting the brush first. That's how I brush to this day...

...And now you know everything about me."

_____________________

Me, this morning, to appliance saleswoman:

"Is it true that it's annoying to stir pots on a smoothtop range? Don't they slip around?"

"Oh I wouldn't say that. I've never had that experience and I make gravy all the time."

"(Of course you do.)"

_____________________

Me, yesterday, to my brother:

"Ray couldn't come with us since he's putting together a lecture for next week."

"Oh, I bet Ray's a good lecturer."

"He really is! When I first met him he was putting together a lecture with a slide featuring Wonder Woman in her invisible jet."

"Really? What was he talking about?"

"I don't know."

No comments: