Monday, September 23, 2013

If this blog was named "Trying to manage time and live healthy, but not often succeeding," maybe I would post more frequently

Crunch. That's the sound my life makes, and has for some time. It's difficult to blog when you feel like you're a broken record theme-wise. But who cares: attempting to manage stress, frustration about time, figuring out schedules -- that's gonna be on my mind for the foreseeable future.

Thankfully, I have made a little bit of progress on the healthy living/stress management front. Let me record it quickly so I can get back to work ;)...

The following small activities appear to make a difference in my stress level:
1. making the bed in the morning
2. heading up to bed no later than 10 at night
3. getting up at 6ish to do a brief, intense workout
4. starting up something wholly unconnected with work or kids, just for me: tennis lessons!
5. having good sleep habits (little to no screen time in bed...sorry iPad)

Later, I hope to write something about the source of stress/time management challenges, i.e. being a parent and forging a life in academia...

No comments: