Tuesday, August 1, 2006

By September 25

I have been fixated on and off (can a fixation be periodic?) a long-distance swim ever since this triathlon training started. So here's me, throwing down the gauntlet: On or before Monday, Sept 25, my birthday, I will do at least a 1 mile open water swim. There's an opportunity for an organized 1-mile swim on Sept 10, or I could do a solo swim. If it turns out to be the latter, does anyone have a rowboat for loan? Anyone want to swim along with me?

I'm meeting Susie at the crack of dawn tomorrow to time myself on a 1/2 mile. This swimming stuff is really interferring with my plan to overcome run-hating.

3 comments:

dee said...

What's your progress, missy?

becca said...

I still hate running.

Oh, about the swimming? I'm still working on some other swimmers to see if they want to do it. No luck yet. You game? (!!!)

dee said...

I'm with you on the running hate club.

Um, I don't think I'd be a good choice to swim with you, considering I've never swam in my life. When you're not training, I'd love a swimming lesson or two if you're up to it. But first I'd have to get the dreaded swimsuit.

Sorry you don't have anyone to go with you. :(