Tuesday, August 1, 2006

By September 25

I have been fixated on and off (can a fixation be periodic?) a long-distance swim ever since this triathlon training started. So here's me, throwing down the gauntlet: On or before Monday, Sept 25, my birthday, I will do at least a 1 mile open water swim. There's an opportunity for an organized 1-mile swim on Sept 10, or I could do a solo swim. If it turns out to be the latter, does anyone have a rowboat for loan? Anyone want to swim along with me?

I'm meeting Susie at the crack of dawn tomorrow to time myself on a 1/2 mile. This swimming stuff is really interferring with my plan to overcome run-hating.

3 comments:

miss d said...

What's your progress, missy?

becca said...

I still hate running.

Oh, about the swimming? I'm still working on some other swimmers to see if they want to do it. No luck yet. You game? (!!!)

miss d said...

I'm with you on the running hate club.

Um, I don't think I'd be a good choice to swim with you, considering I've never swam in my life. When you're not training, I'd love a swimming lesson or two if you're up to it. But first I'd have to get the dreaded swimsuit.

Sorry you don't have anyone to go with you. :(