Thursday, April 19, 2007

The BEST prescription

I've been noticing more lately that the back of my head falls asleep if I spend any time laying on my back. I'll wake up, and realize that my posterior cranium is all numb and tingly. I'll sit up, rub it for a few seconds and the feeling returns. Disturbing.

Just saw the doctor who said I have severe muscle spasms back there, and they are pinching my nerves. Charming. So I now have a prescription for massage! I can't think of anything better!

I looked up my favorite massage therapist, Michael (you VM folks know who I'm talking about), and he takes our insurance. Hurrah! I also just remembered he used to give me "homework" for my extraordinarily tight head/neck muscles years ago.

"Okay Rebecca, let's practice...gently let your head fall back into my hands."

"I am..."

"No, no you're not...let's try again..."

No comments: