Saturday, June 27, 2009

Launch to Florida

Today's the big day. The optimistic part of my personality is trying to overcome the catastrophistic part of my personality. Flying with a toddler might not be pretty, but then again, it might be just fine, and either way it'll be over by midnight tonight. Heck, I can endure anything for a few hours, right.

New little toys and books are wrapped, lollipops stowed, dvds selected, teddybear at the ready. Blanket and monkey are stashed in luggage, along with Bob's ABCs and Elmo's bedtime book. Three swimsuits, 2 sunhats, 1 blowup beach ball...check. Sunblock? About 4 kinds.

Oh yeah, I'm going to Florida to work! I've packed my stats workbook and a million articles related to my project, 3 pairs of sandals, and a sweater for the overly air-conditioned VA building. Pencils, post-its, laptop.

This morning I just need to pack last minute items, set up Twitter mobile, and take August to the park for some energy burn-off. Flight's at 2 pm.

No comments: