Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Dream

I had an interesting dream the other night: I looked down at my ring and realized a diamond was missing. I stopped and looked around to see if I could spot it, though I presumed it was gone and was disappointed I'd have to replace it. Then I got down on my hands and knees and gave the ground a really close look. On the floor were hundreds of precious and semi-precious stones, some set in broken pieces of jewelry and other just loose. I picked through them and realized that a lot of people had lost gems and not bothered to look for them, and other stones had been here all along unnoticed. I felt better about looking for my lost diamond and started thinking about what I could do with some of these other stones, like putting them together in some kind of "found art" piece. Incredible that all these beautiful stones could go overlooked, yet I had come this close to walking away myself.

Good reminder for me: look for life's gems as they're likely right under your feet.

No comments: