Friday, May 13, 2005

Buh-bye

So strange. Today was my last day of work, and I couldn't be more thrilled. It will take awhile for this to sink in fully, but meanwhile I'm enjoying the surreal feeling.

No more Tuesday meetings, where I sat wondering how I'm gonna get through the end of the meeting, the day, the week, the job.

No more psyching myself up to do the primary components (75%) of my job description.

No more pouring over strategies feeling both personally compromised and utterly bored.

No more looking for reasons to sneak out to shop, run errands.

No more endless day-old pastries, tempting me in my boredom.

No more charming but loud clanking heaters and irritating 1920s plumbing.

No more schmoozing with people we want something from.

No more schmoozing, period.

No more discussions about figuring out how much money someone has.

and

No more beautiful office, with the garden courtyard out the window and squirrels playing on my window sill.

No more helping the people who want to accomplish some pretty profound things in medicine WITHOUT having to talk them into it.

No more hanging out with my fantastic friends and coworkers. Well, on work time anyway.

No comments: