Thursday, August 30, 2007

Guilty pleasure

Since I'm not Catholic, blogging is as close to confession as I'm gonna get.

I admit it, I watch and take great pleasure in watching The Girls Next Door. Heard of it? Seen it? It's a reality show on E! featuring Hugh Hefner's three girlfriends and their lives at the Playboy Mansion.

I know, I know...it doesn't get any worse than this, does it? This is just the kind of show that I would normally rail against, but...but...it's just so good. Okay, not good exactly, but so bad it's good. But really, it's not bad. Hmm, what am I trying to say.

Okay, it's the kind of show that leaves you with as many questions as answers about the life a Playboy girlfriend would lead. Holly, Bridget and Kendra are not exactly the sharpest tools in the shed, but the former two aren't as dumb as they appear (Kendra, is in fact as dumb as she appears). Holly, the primary girlfriend, intrigues me the most as she seems to genuinely love 80-year-old Hef, while the other two seem to have taken on the girlfriend role more as a job than anything else. So I wonder...how does this arrangement really work? Has Hef included all three in his estate plans, or maybe just Holly? How does his daughter, now CEO of Playboy, accept her father's significant otherS? Or maybe this is a nice change from the 7 girlfriends of yester year. Do each of these girls have contracts? What kind of "allowance" do they get? At what point will they "break up"?

I know I could probably find the answers to most of these questions with a little digging on the internet, but I haven't succumbed to such measures yet. I'll just keep watching and see how much I can figure out. Fascinating!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Catholic confession also requires penance. So now you need to spend some time watching CSPAN to make up for it.