Friday, August 10, 2007

Quicker than a root canal?

I've never had a root canal, so I don't know if this is true. But whatever...it took 4.5 hours to get August Elizabeth out of the womb. When the "ripening" drugs started working quite suddenly Tuesday morning, I landed in the middle of labor. Three intense hours later, I was 8 cm dilated and the anesthesiologist gave me an epidural. We hung out for about 45 minutes waiting for those extra 2 cm. Then the doctor was back next to my head saying "okay, baby needs to come out right now...we're wheeling you into surgery." In I went and out she came...screaming, though we'd been warned she may need resuscitation measures. She's been making her opinion known ever since, I'm pleased to report.

We're finally back at home. The cat freaks out every time AE cries as she thinks, apparently, we're hurting her kitten. Tomorrow, August will meet Sammy the dog. Maybe it's good that Sammy can't hear a thing.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I'm glad you are safe and sound at home. What a long haul that was! Now you can figure things out for yourself, if you know what I mean!