Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Must post something

I'm concerned my lack of energy will completely derail any creativity, so I'm forcing myself to blog in an effort to keep the juices flowing. The problem is my experiences right now are limited to babydom, the occasional errand, and drs. appointments. My blog posts, therefore, can be limited to 1-2 sentence post-ettes:

August's first friend (besides Sammy) is the cow blanket my mom gave her. We hang it on the side of her bassinet, with the cow face looking down at her, and she looks and talks to it for longer than she does any other waking activity (minus eating). I don't think she realizes how disturbing a disembodied cow head can be.

The doctor okayed me to swim today!

Ray and I are still talking about the spinach salad and chocolate cake a la Swedish Hospital menu.

Ever since I had a pre-cancerous mole removed a few months ago, I keep finding other moles that I think are also new (and therefore potentially problematic). I hope I'm just being paranoid, as I really don't want them to continue punching out holes in my skin.

Our 140-year-old neighbor has been giving us 3-4 tomatoes from his garden every day. We've had tomato sauce, pasta with tomato, tomato/zucchini bake, grilled cheese and tomato, and are still looking for more recipes. I know: bread salad with tomato and fresh mozzarella.

If August isn't colicky yet, will she become so in the next few weeks? Crossing my fingers on this one.

This is a funny site: who said it -- Dick Cheney or Phil Leotardo on The Sopranos?

This is possibly the best website I've ever seen. It's so Science of Sleep. And the bags they sell are cool too.

That's all I got.

No comments: