Sunday, August 5, 2007

Wi-Fi!

We just found out yesterday that Swedish has wi-fi as of a few months ago. Sweet! Why didn't we ask about this sooner? Only problem is I can't access any blogs using the larger blog services, including my own. So Ray is posting for me.

Tomorrow is a big day, maybe the big day. I'll get an amnio to determine how the baby's lung are maturing, and if mature enough, they will likely induce labor then or on Tuesday. Since I'm early this may necessitate some measures to get my body ready to deliver, which I understand could take a while. Like even a few days. Or they might decide I need a C-section. Or they might find her lungs need a few more days to percolate and they'll keep monitoring me for a week and hope my body stays as stable as its been in the last 48 hours.

So basically, this baby could arrive anytime in the next week, I guess.

Meanwhile, I am trying to stay really relaxed, watching videos and reading. The day nurse this weekend turned out to be someone I knew from the lacrosse team freshman year in college, so it's been fun to chat and pick her brain about different delivery scenarios. She's been an OB nurse since graduation. Seattle is a small town.

It's really weird to be confined to a small room for days on end. Who knows what's happening on the other side of that door...a jungle? a carnival? I have no idea, but it's fun to imagine.

No comments: