Wednesday, February 20, 2008

10 Thoughts

...about Sandwiches! ('10 Thoughts' theme courtesy of Sheila)

1. I don't like cheese on cold sandwiches.

2. I don't like ham on cold sandwiches, but it's great as a hot sandwich, though only with cheese.

3. I don't like PB & J on wheat bread...only white, oat nut or sourdough.

4. I love Reuben sandwiches.

5. Grilled cheese and tomato is also really good. Heck, put tomato between two slices of bread with a little mayo and I'm happy.

6. I don't like mustard on my sandwiches.

7. I don't like pickles on my sandwich, but they are okay on the side.

8. An exception to the pickle rule is tuna salad, which can have diced pickles mixed into the tuna.

9. I usually like homemade sandwiches with toasted bread. Sucks to have to bread stick to the roof of your mouth and teeth.

10. Ray likes to order a 'pancake sandwich': pancake, topped with egg over-easy, maple syrup, tabasco. Ewh.

This post is brought to you by the Torta at Taqueria Rinconsito of Burien, where you can get (as I did tonight) a delicious torta jam-packed with spicy beef, pork or chicken, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and jalepeno, all between halves of a toasty bun. I first tried a torta in Guadalajara and it trumped the burger in the big hot sandwich category. Though it depends on the burger.

No comments: