Saturday, December 13, 2008

Assorted colors

I don't have anything really pressing to write, just a few small things jangling in my head. Plus, I'm relishing the fact that there's time to just have a few small things jangling in my head.

I started out the holiday shopping season determined to buy gifts from only independent stores. Well, scratch that. I just couldn't resist the ease of Amazon, plus since they're a local employer, it's all good. Now about Target, they're not so much a local employer, but hey, maybe any shopping right now is good for the economy.

Speaking of Target, I went there last night to pick up some colored lights, and walked in circles until I realized they have no lights. I think there was one box of icicle lights, and lights incorporated in fake garlands and wreaths and things, but no actual strings of lights. Went over to Walgreens, and they were having a 75% off lights sale. Bingo.

I need to get our Christmas letter thingy rolling, but that requires a photo, which requires August NOT having a disgusting looking nose. We may need to use a less fresh photo this year. I'm hoping that her cold clears up enough to run up to the Christmas at the Junction on Sundays thing and get her picture with Santa at Cafe Verite.

Meanwhile, big snow storm is predicted for tonight (or at least that's what they were saying this morning), so I rented enough movies to last us for a while if we're snowed in (Seattle-style), including Wall*E. Can't wait to see it.

1 comment:

lloyd said...

I don't know why I've bothered looking for lights at Target. Two years in a row, I've gone to Rite Aid near Target to find lights that Target didn't have.

And that's funny about Amazon. I, too, justified my recent purchases from them with the "at least they're in Washington" thought.