Monday, December 8, 2008

Day off

Yesterday was Ray's birthday, and he was very deliberate about what he wanted to do for the day: stay in sweats, read paper, drink coffee, watch random tv, draw, waffles (not necessarily in that order). This was possible since August was at Nana's for the weekend.

Anyway, it made me hanker for a day off, since my birthday was at the beginning of the quarter and I was frantically (literally) pulling together lectures and Powerpoint slides. I might have an opportunity for a day off this week or next, on Friday or next Thursday. It'll have to be contained to 9 am to 4 pm, but there's a lot I could do in that time frame. Here's my plan:

Swim OR naturopath appt (depending on day)
Watch movie, drink coffee
Organize 2 areas of the house
Watch another movies and eat strategic off-limits items (wheat, sugar, dairy)

I know it doesn't sound like much, but it sounds like heaven to me!

No comments: