Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Daytime television

Ray's dad, who is staying with us for a few weeks, is a nice house guest. But I have to say, with no fault to his dad whatsoever, that the sound of daytime television he likes to watch is unnerving. I'm not talking about soap opera drama -- I'm talking about talk shows. I hadn't realized that they've gotten so obnoxious. Apparently everyone has followed Jerry Springer's lead with audience participation...people cheering and yelling from the audience about every 25 seconds. I wonder if they pass out some special upper-laced koolaid or triple shot coffee drinks before the show, and threaten bodily harm if they don't cheer, guffaw and clap spastically on cue. I don't get it...what's the appeal?

1 comment:

dee said...

You got me. I was watching the soaps on ABC for my day at home. Only a couple though. I refuse to watch those shows like Jerry Springer. Always bugged the crap out of me. I'm sorry you have to endure that.

I like the word verification I have to type: "emudgab" Is that a real word? If it's not, it should be!