Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Everyone is sick

My cold is nearly history, but both August and Ray are in the thick of it. Everyone is at home today, wearing pajamas. Miraculously, August is still smiling and laughing despite the coughing, sneezing and runny nose. And Ray is still working.

Speaking of sick, here's a weird thing: you know how music can bring you back to a specific time, place and feeling? Well now, when I listen to cds I bought during the first few months of pregnancy, I feel ill. Don't get me wrong, they're good albums, but because I was feeling pretty queasy for a few months there, I instantly recall that nausea when I listen to Regina Spektor, Michael Franti and the latest Shins. It's a bummer because I'm not really inclined to listen to those albums even though I like them.

Can you tell I have not much in the way of blog post ideas...again. I feel like I'm barely coasting through NaBloPoMo. Oh well.

1 comment:

dee said...

Regina Spektor making you queasy?! That's not right! Maybe you need some behavorial conditioning to get you back to where you can listen to those cds again.

BTW, I'm glad you're doing the NaBloPoMo thing. I look forward to reading your blogs even if you think it's uninteresting.