Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Blood doping dope

You know, Alexandre Vinokourov was making the Tour so much fun to watch...the ultimate underdog with his stitched up knees. But he had to go and dope up and lose all that respect he was garnering. What an idiot. And what a bummer.

So now I'm cheering for Alberto Contador, the young Spaniard who is back into racing after recovering from a blood clot in his brain. He's 2 in the standings right now, about 3 minutes behind the yellow jersey.

Meanwhile, I am trying to distract myself from the food I'm not allowed to have right now...pizza and fried rice with spicy mustard come to mind. Why is it we always want what we can't have?

Also, I'm realizing that weird people come to the door during the day. This teenager just told me he's trying to win a public speaking contest and can get points for first impressions. He flashed this flimsy Cert. of Authenticity at me. I just don't buy it. "Sorry," I said, "I'm on the phone..."

No comments: